I Think I Have A Budding Cake Decorated On My Hands.

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 3:00pm by pastryjen

Munchkinette Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 7

My 9 yr old nece is visiting for the summer. And of course I have to work on making flowers for my wilton course two cake. She of course wanted to try it. So I showed her one time how to make a flower using royal icing. And boy did she pick it it fast! She made all these all by herself!

6 replies
Munchkinette Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 7

Here is the photo.
LL

Minstrelmiss Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 7

awww....she did a great job! Maybe her an her auntie need to make some fancy smancy cupcakes for her to take back home with her icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 7

oooooooo defonatly I LOVE the cupcake idea! that is so incredibly cute her flowers are really good *im rather embarrased as the fact they are better than my first flowers lol*

i think its one of those many amazing things where you can get the ids involved, i love having my cousin help me out, everyyear i let her make a cake for her moms birthday and she loves it, she gets better and better and it icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:05am
post #5 of 7

Those turned out really good! You should see if there are any cake decorating contests for kids in her area. Our local fair has a kids cake decorating contest. Some of them are just amazing!

gerripje Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:22am
post #6 of 7

What a good job! I bet she was pretty proud of herself too, as she should be!

pastryjen Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 7

I think she did awesome...what a great skill to have so that she can get a p/t job at the grocery store in high school and during college.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%