Live Daisys On Cake

Decorating By sister340 Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm by Andy383240

sister340 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 4

I need to put live daisies on a cake. I really don't like this part. How do you attach them to the top layer? I know about putting a straw in and the stem in the straw, but what if you just want to lay them on? How would you attach them? I hope they stay fresh through the reception.

Any advice?

thanks;
j.

3 replies
Andy383240 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 4

You can get water tubes from florist suppliers. You put the stems into the tube and it keeps the flowers fresh. I haven't tried them myself, but you could look into it. Just GOOGLE for them or call a florist near you. It could be the answer if they aren't to large. Good luck!

sister340 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 4

I took the daisies, cut the stems quite short. I bunched them in groups of 3 or 5, wrapped them in thin floral wire. Then I had cut the fingers off some clear plastic gloves, and I put the bunches of stems in the finger. I poked a hole with a dowel and slid the enclosed stems into the cake. It worked quite well and I hope protected the cake.

icon_smile.gif

Andy383240 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 4

Very clever with the glove fingers. That's a great tip I will remember. There have been so many cautions against wire with lead in it and foral tape with latex. Using anything that can cause an allergic reaction frightens me. Apparently few people ,if any, are sensitive to plastic. Good job!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%