Help - Looking For This Cake Stand

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 2:39am by dogluvr

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 8

This cake is from CC, but I don't know by whom....I'm doing a cake and the bride wants this cake stand...does anyone know who did this cake or know where I can find this stand...thanks.
LL

7 replies
SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry I am no help, its a very cool stand though. Heres a bump for you icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 8

Honestly, it looks to me like someone made it. (You know how the foodnetwork stars are always making there own cake stands and stuff). I hope you find the person who made it so that you can ask them!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Honestly, it looks to me like someone made it. (You know how the foodnetwork stars are always making there own cake stands and stuff). I hope you find the person who made it so that you can ask them!

I agree with cylstrial.. Having seen how Bronwen and Francois make their stands.. this could be homemade.. icon_biggrin.gif

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 8

Try to pm the cake artist. Perhaps they will share where they got the stand or how to make one yourself. Best of luck.

dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #6 of 8

thank you ....I sort of thought it may be homemade but was hoping not!!!! I don't know who the cake artist is, but is someone on CC: I will try searching for this cake again....I had originally just saved it to my hard drive and not favorites....

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:41am
post #7 of 8

It looks like several square cake boards glued together, covered in fondant with ribbon around the edges, maybe dowels used to put together. Thats my uneducated guess lol. Hope you can find the op so you can ask her!

dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:39am
post #8 of 8

I found the artist...It is Jennifer Dontz, JenniferMI...she's a cake instructor....maybe she'll give me some insight to this stand since I took one of her classess.....thanks everyone for your responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%