So Many New Techniques Incorporated Into One Cake...

Decorating By ericaplh Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm by ericaplh

ericaplh Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 6

thank you cc peeps...

I just finished a bounce house cake using so many different techniques learned here and I felt the need to share....

First...I looked at so many of other cc bounce house cakes and then a picture of the actual bounce house that I was attempting to replicate...

I baked a Rainbowlicious cake (and a chocolate layer)

I covered one portion of cake with ganache instead of bc and then covered it in fondant. The ganache went on like a dream...so smoothe and so awesome...

The main portion of the bounce house was covered in bc and then I used the Melvira method...OH MY GOSH....so much easier and smoother than the VIVA method (with the exception of the corners which I did revert back to Viva). I am definitely a Mevira convert!!!

Because the child is a HUGE Spiderman fan, I decided to incorporate Spiderman into the theme as well...I put Spiderman at the top of the bounce house slide and made Sugarveil webs coming out of his hands and hanging from the sides of the bounce house...

I will post pics later...

Thank you all for so many awesome tips, methods and ideas....

5 replies
Eisskween Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 6

It sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see the pics! icon_biggrin.gif

ericaplh Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 6

ok...here's some pics...

not sure if this is working properly... icon_confused.gif

ericaplh Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 6

don't know why I couldn't attach the pictures into the text of this post, but I've included a link so you could check them out.....

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1398179

Molly2 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 6

I love your cake good job

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ericaplh Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you MOLLY2 icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%