Event Canceled - Rkt Good For Long?

Decorating By Spuddysmom Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 3:05am by BlakesCakes

Spuddysmom Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 4

My first time using RKT for a 3D effect. Just finished painting it when I got the call the event was cancelled due to rain. Is it possble to preserve this little beauty for a month (covered with fondant) or is that just way too icky to contemplate? Thanks for any advice.

3 replies
bonniebakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think so... those suckers get stale very fast!

Deb_ Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 4

In my photos there's a pic of a RKT teapot that I made in March for my SIL's b-day. She still has that "table setting" sitting on her kitchen island and it looks just as good as the first day I made it.

Now, I wouldn't eat the thing, but if the people your making this for are not going to eat it, (just use it as a decoration), then it will be fine.

BlakesCakes Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #4 of 4

When I use RKTs, I'm not including them in the cake servings. They're used just for effect. I tell people that they can eat them if the want to.

I'll be darned if I'd make a second one because it rained--unless they want to pay for time and materials for me to do so.

Your creation will hold up just fine if you put it in a cardboard box and tape it shut. That will keep out dust, etc., but allow some air circulation. If you don't allow air to circulate, the fondant and all that's under it will go yucky.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%