Help - I Have Ganache Questions.

Decorating By cake-angel Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm by cake-angel

cake-angel Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 9

Hi -- i am in the middle of making my daughter's birthday cake and wanted to use whipped ganache as a filling for my yellow cake. I made the ganache late last night and popped it in the fridge overnight.
What temp should the ganache be before I whip it?
Do I use the wire wisk attachment or the flat paddle to whip it?

Sorry about all of the questions but I haven't worked with ganache before -- It might become my new favorite though (tastes divine).

Cindy

8 replies
newnancy Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 9

Good Luck, I've never made it either but have everything ready to go but haven't tried it yet......here's a bump.

holly4409 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 9

i didn't check the temp, just refrigerated overnight. i used the wire whisk attachment.

mine turned out WONDERFUL.

HTH good luck

SJ169 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 9

I have a quesiton as well! ... can you use it under fondant? was it the best kind to use a poured or whipped ganache? Also once it is on the cake and covered in fondant does it need to be refridgerated? or can you leave it out??
TIA

holly4409 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

I have a quesiton as well! ... can you use it under fondant? was it the best kind to use a poured or whipped ganache? Also once it is on the cake and covered in fondant does it need to be refridgerated? or can you leave it out??
TIA

i wish i knew all the answers!!! a couple of months ago, there was a thread about fillings or something and i did find out that it's room temp stable after you make it... i don't know for how long. we used it in my own wedding cake and the ganache was fine even a week after the wedding (we had a lot of cake left over lol). if you refrigerate after covering in fondant, i would worry about the fondant sweating.

i just posted a question on the other thread about ganache and bumped your bump... lol so maybe they will have more answers...

cake-angel Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the replies. I whipped it with the wire wisk but I think I over whipped it. It went slighltly grainy looking (still tastes silky smooth and heavenly). Since I am only using it as a filling I think it will be fine. If anyone wants to give more suggestions I would love to do better next time!

monkeny Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 9

Here is the link to that thread.....hope it works!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633264.html

holly4409 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeny

Here is the link to that thread.....hope it works!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633264.html

it worked. thanks! that thread had a lot of useful info.

cake-angel Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you for the link. It is very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%