Frozen Cakes?

Decorating By k-loveevents Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 4:42am by shadowcat1501

k-loveevents Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 6

I usually bake my cakes fresh... but I am making a massive cake for an order next weekend to feed over three hundred people.... so I had to start baking my layers early. How long will my it take my layers to thaw? I would like to carve and ice it while it is still pretty solid... but I don't want to deliver a frozen cake. Help! I need some advice!

5 replies
SJ169 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

It only takes a couple of hours...make sure you leave the wrappers on while the cake is thawing. i usually take my cakes out before i go to work in the morning and then ice them once i am home. But if you are carving the cakes you still want them to be partially frozen.
HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

matthewkyrankelly Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 6

What size are the cakes? What is the final design? That will indicate how much time you need. Welcome to freezing! We're really not that bad.

pattycakesnj Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 6

frozen cakes thaw out pretty fast in my experience

k-loveevents Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 6

lol! Thanks Matt for the welcome icon_wink.gif
Most of my cakes are 10 rounds a few smaller a few larger...
The cake is supposed to be a Captain America Figure holding his shield...
I'm nervous as all get out about this one... it's going to be tough. But I've concocted a stand to hopefully help hold him up. After I figure out the freezing thing the only other problem I'm going to have is how I'm going to serve him. The base will be easy to cut up and serve but serving him will be a challenge.. I think I'm going to take him apart in section and then cut it up in smaller slices... This should definately be a learning experience for me.

shadowcat1501 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 4:42am
post #6 of 6

I took my iced cake out of the freezer to decorate. Half way through and my cake is getting condensation all over. What should I do? I could put it back in the freezer, but eventually, I'll have to take it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%