Need Help - How To Ice Smooth

Decorating By calicokid Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 10:12pm by kakeladi

calicokid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicokid Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

Just want to say that this is a great site. I had super success with my daughter's baptism cake. I haven't had time to post the pictures but I will soon. Again, thanks to all who helped.

So the expression goes, " Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine" but I could really use the help asap.

Making my son's snake cake today (with help from ideas here) for the party tomorrow and wondered about a trick to ice smoothly. I heard something about using paper towel but couldn't find the process. Don't have time to read through previous mails so if anyone can provide the reader's digest version it would be sooooo appreciated.

I have my hubby's help for a short time so if you have a quick moment to respond it would truly be the "icing on the cake"!!

TIA and have a super day.

Cheers,
Liliane : ) icon_lol.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 4

The viva method is simply using the smooth viva paper towel and allowing your Buttercream icing to crust really good and then use the paper towel overtop to smooth it.You have to have a crusting BC or it won't work..and it has to be crusted and dry otherwise it will be a mess.I have used parchment also and wax papaer to achieve this as well with a long flat metal spatula and rubbing over top the wax papaer or parchment.

calicokid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicokid Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your speedy reply BBKK! Much appreciated. I'm off and running!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

Well now you \\just have to tell us how it all turned out! Don't leave us hanging icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%