Refrigerated Filling

Decorating By sister340 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 6:38pm by sister340

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 7

I'm wondering how it works with a wedding cake with a filling that would normally be kept cold. The filling for the cake I am delivering tomorrow has filling with cream cheese and cool whip. I've been able to keep it refrigerated up to now, but once the fondant is on..........................

How do you handle this? Hope I haven't made a bad choice..........it would really be okay out a while, but this will be overnight.

j.

6 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 7

I use Satin ice fondant and I refrigerate ALL of my cakes, without exception (I rarely fill with buttercream). I've never had issues because of it.

sister340 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 7

Bump, I really need more input. Can you help?

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 7

I also refrigerate my fondant covered cakes, even fully decorated and have never had a problem. I use Satin Ice, MFF and Peggy Porschens recipe and have never had any trouble. Not sure why people are so worried about refrigerating fondant????

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 7

I think it depends on your area. I always have issues with refridgerating fondant, esp. this time of year, unless its FondX.

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 7

I thought the problem with refridg. fondant was it softened up due to condensation.... I have refridgeratored only once and didn't have any problems but I'm not sure either.... bump

sister340 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 7

ok, so the cakes are ready to have the fondant on. Really wish I'd used a different filling, but what's done is done. I have one fridge that seems to cause more condensate than the other, so I'll use the one that doesn't. Wish me luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%