Candy Or Chololate Molding Clay

Decorating By snshin1993 Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 3:49am by snshin1993

snshin1993 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 9

Does anybody know where I can get candy or chocolate molding clay. I used to be able to buy candy clay and Micheal's but I don't know where to get it or if there is a way to make it. icon_eek.gif

8 replies
tastyart Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 9

I cannot purchase candy or chocolate molding clay here either. Modeling chocolate is not hard to make. I've never made it in colors, only chocolate brown, but they are all suposed to be very similar. Would you like me to send you my recipe?

all4cake Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 9

sure you can make it....

recipes for it are in the recipe section here
or you can do an internet search for it

candy clay
modeling chocolate (careful with that search...models in chocolate might surely come up)
chocolate leather

TooMuchCake Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 9

I use Michele Foster's (Sugarflowers) chocolate leather recipe here on CC. It's really tasty and smooth.

Deanna

snshin1993 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 9

any receipies would be great

tastyart Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:43am
post #6 of 9

The recipe I use is very similar to this one on CC. It is super easy to do.
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1608-0-Chocolate-Clay-Modeling-Chocolate.html

TooMuchCake Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #7 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6383-0-Chocolate-Leather.html

I've won some competitions using this recipe!

Deanna

drakegore Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:59am
post #8 of 9

i use toba garrett's recipe which is 1lb semi-sweet and 2/3 cup corn syrup, but that is not a vastly different one than the cc recipe.

after you melt chocolate in dble boiler, remove from heat and stir in corn syrup. i would advise stirring until the chocolate follows the spoon around in an loose ball. then you should pour the chocolate onto saran wrap. securely wrap the slab of chocolate and age for 24 hours in the fridge. aging the chocolate will give you the best results. when you need to use it, bring it out to room temp (or break off the size piece you need and bring that to room temp) and then knead. you do not want to overknead...the chocolate will get to warm and may become grainy if you overwork it. knead until it gets glossy and then stop.

i love working with this stuff icon_biggrin.gif
so easy and you can make so many things with it!

snshin1993 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #9 of 9

Thank you all so much.....gonna try to make some this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%