Uses For Sams Whipped Bettercreme?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 2:18pm by sjmoral

loriemoms Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:55am
post #1 of 4

I bought a bucket of Sams Whipped Bettercreme (its like cool whip) for a tres leches cake I had to do. I now have a lot left....I would love to hear if anyone is using this for Mousse or other uses for it. It was so cheap, I wouldn't mind using it on a regular basis..

3 replies
woodruffbn Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 4

Im sorry but, this is not an answer... But does it taste like BC or cool whip? You used it to frost like regular BC? Does it crust? icon_confused.gif

loriemoms Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruffbn

Im sorry but, this is not an answer... But does it taste like BC or cool whip? You used it to frost like regular BC? Does it crust? icon_confused.gif

You use it like whipped cream/cool whip/whipped topping. It doesnt crust and is too soft to be used like BC. It has a room temp shelf life of 7 days once it is in the cake, so it works well as a filling. I personally think it taste chemically, like cool whip

sjmoral Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 4

You can add any flavor to it... I tried a cupcake the other day (yes I went to a cupcake shop and payed $1.99 per cupacake for me and my kids just to try the competition LOL) and although it said buttercream it was whipped flavored. The one I tried was a peanut butter one, I don't care for peanut butter but it was reallly good. And I tried the banana. I don't know if they use the Lorann;s oils but would love to know.
There was a thread on variations of flavors for bettercream I'll see if I can find it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%