Color Problem!?!?!?

Decorating By candoo Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm by Kiddiekakes

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 7:17am
post #1 of 6

Well, I guess I just hope for the best, at this point, buuut- here's my problem-
I finished a cake about 4 hrs ago, for Sat. morning. It was SUPPOSED to be pink, SAGE, and brown. As it has sat for the last couple of hrs, my sage has turned to olive! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I knew it would darken some, but not this much! I've never used this color before- has any of u had this prob? The cake is for a co-worker's daughter, and I know she'll be understanding, but haw can I keep this from happening again w/this color? Do I just trust that the really light green (much lighter than sage) will darken? Any tried and true color mixes for sage? Thanks in advance for your help.
BTW- you can see the cake in question in my pics- It's the one that says "Takira".

5 replies
Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 7:35am
post #2 of 6

How far in advance did you color then ice? You may want to try and color you icing the day prior and then adjust it the next day if you need too.

HTH

Judi

candoo Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I didn't think about that before hand. That would have solve my problem- hindsight's 20/20, ya know? LOL! I just had no idea that green would get so much darker!
Thanks! thumbs_up.gif
CAndace
BTW- Do u (or anyone) know a recipe for mixing the sage color? I did it through trial and error and couldn't duplicate it if I wanted to! icon_rolleyes.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 6

What colors are you using? Wilton?Americolor?.....Americolor has a nice color called Avocado but it looks sage green...Wilton colors tends to darken alot after sitting since you need to add more color to the icing to get a true color.

candoo Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 6

Yes- I was using wilton. Where can i find americolor?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 6

Many online stores sell the Americolor gel pastes..Globalsugarart does I think!Google cake decorating stores online....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%