Decorating By indulge Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 12:47am by ceshell

indulge Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:55am
post #1 of 8


I'm new to sugarcraft art. Lately am trying to do modelling figurine
I wanted to do the hair by using sugarcraft gun which i cant get in my country here. The distributor said that it is out of stock from the supplier. Could anyone tell me what tools to use for the figurine hair?

Any recommendation and where can i purchase the sugarcraft gun clay press?


7 replies
peg818 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 8

well, for hair you can use a garlic press.

And just for future reference if you put a space between sugar and craft it shouldn't end up being blocked.

Bossy Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 8

Until you get you ne tool, I've had good luck cutting a rectangle the width of the part of the head you are going to lay it on and the legth you want the hiar. Then using a cutting blade, cut the little hairs down the legth, but not quite all the way to one edge. then twist the little hairs for curls or pull slightly for straight hair. I use a pallet knife to pick up the entire rectangle and lay uncut edge the opposite direction on the head than you want it to lay. Then using a tooth pic to hod down the uncut edge, flip the hair over so it folds over the uncut edge and lay it down however you want the style to lay. Makes a perfect part or hair line this way. I always add some individual hairs to give depth and movement. I hope this makes sense! I actually find this method easier than trying to place the little hairs from the clay gun. I'm sure some of the more experienced CCr's have some great ideas.

Mensch Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 8

I've used a garlic press for grass and hair.

michellesArt Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 8

hey thanks i've never thought to use a garlic press for hair before-genius!! i love the look of all that individual hair but thought it would take forever to hand roll it-again thanks!!

ceshell Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 8

I use the Makins Ultimate Professional Clay Extruder for hair and other things you might use a gun for. It's the green metal one with the T-twist. Works great! (Of course I don't know if they sell it where you are.)

indulge Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 8


Thanks for the info, btw what is garlic press sorry for my ignorance question. I dun have Makins Ultimate Professional Clay Extruder in my country here. I ever saw it on website.

Thanks again!

ceshell Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:47am
post #8 of 8

A garlic press I don't use it for fondant but I LOVE it for crushing my garlic icon_smile.gif

The Makins clay extruder

Are there any online companies that ship to your country? Such as

Quote by @%username% on %date%