Red And Black Bc Frosting Help

Decorating By cakesnkisses Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 4:30am by Melchas

cakesnkisses Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:30am
post #1 of 12

What is the best way to get red and black BC???? Does black start out w/ chocolate???? What about the red???? Thanks so much

11 replies
hebberd Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:37am
post #2 of 12

Wilton makes red and black coloring. I have both and love them!

MLand Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 12

I start my red with a pink color, and the black turns black a WHOLE lot faster if I start it off brown.

icer101 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:57am
post #4 of 12

i use red all the way.. i use black all the way. i use wilton.. i use americolor. and other brand names. i just keep adding until i like it. remember . .it gets darker as it sets. all the colors do. so be careful.. make it before hand. and all that you need. if you make it tonight. then, in the morning .it will be darker..hth

madgeowens Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:09am
post #5 of 12

You are talking about butter cream, not fondant correct? I would think the color powders would work better on butter cream as not to change the consistancy maybe.....I can't find that it my area or the americolors, I need to order on line I guess.

icer101 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #6 of 12

i don,t use the powders at all. and i am talking about coloring my buttercream..with the paste colors or gels. the other name is like is .. chefmaster...i love that too. i use these types of colors on my fondant also. i don,t do a lot of fondant. but when i do. i use these colors..

snshin1993 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 12

with red icing I use left over red icing (I keep a little in the fridge) to help get the deep color of red and add it to make bc along with gel color. The black icing I always start out with chocolate icing and then add gel to that.

snshin1993 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:25am
post #8 of 12

Black icing always tasts funny if you just use gel (probably because you have to use so much of it to get it the color you need.) Chocolate icing doesn't need as much gel so it doesn't taste funny.

varika Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:27am
post #9 of 12
Originally Posted by cakesnkisses

What is the best way to get red and black BC????

Go to the store and buy it! icon_lol.gif

icer101 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:28am
post #10 of 12

again, what happens when the client doesnt, like the taste of chocolate.. you,re using reg. b/c ..not chocolate.. then what? like to know

littlecake Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:29am
post #11 of 12

that wilton black color tastes like does the red.

if theres no place to get any of the other brands near you, they have them on ebay.

Melchas Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #12 of 12

I have always used Wilton colors and I usually have to use alot to get red and black. I just recently tried Americolor and needed just a few drops to get a deep red and dark black. It helps alot to let it sit for at lest an hour so that it will darken, be careful not add too much or it will start to break down the BC. HTH,

Quote by @%username% on %date%