Clean Fondant

Decorating By momma28 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm by tiggy2

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #1 of 6

how do you get all of your corn starch or confec sugar off your fondant cakes after they are done. I dont love my method (clean with damp brush, hate waiting for it to dry) and was wondering if those with super clean fondant have a trick. Do you not use cs or ps?

5 replies
kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 6

Good question...I was gonna ask that next! LOL!!!! I have a dark brown fondant covered cake....that is currently white from the sugar!HA!!!!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:06am
post #3 of 6

If you roll it on a vinyl sheet you can get by with using a lot less cornstarch. Also, dust it off as much as possible with a clean pastry brush before you put it over the cake.

When you go over it with a damp brush, do you have water or vodka on it? I use vodka and it dries fast.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:09am
post #4 of 6

Vodka, why did I not think of that? Thanks. happy to hear other tricks as well. So grateful for the help I recieve here on cc. icon_smile.gif

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 6

First, I brush it off as much as possible, then I use my airbrush with vodka or water. Either one works fine. That way there's no chance of the damp brush leaving brush marks on the fondant. However, I just started using Fondarific and you don't have to use ANY powdered sugar. WooHoo!! I love that stuff!! Happy baking! icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 6

You can also rub the fondant with crisco and will take all of the ps or cs off and give you a very nice finish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%