Help!!!!!!!!!! Rum Cake Disaster!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By silvina69 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 1:20am by countrycakes

silvina69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silvina69 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 6

Help! please I need somebody.....!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!

Ok!!! I made mini orange rum cakes and after I pored the rum syrup I waited a wile and tried one to taste and it's falling apart!!!!!!!! the mini cakes are falling apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?????????? what went wrong???????

Please help me......!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 6

Did you use too much syrup? When I made rum cake, I used a pastry brush to apply the syrup, moistening, not soaking the cake. Can you stick them in the fridge to firm up? That is so sad!

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:01am
post #3 of 6

I agree with cakemommy3...sounds like too much syrup was used. Just a little goes a long way....

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6

Good rum cake generally is soaked fairly thoroughly, but you need to use a firm cake for it to be able to take on all of that liquid. It may be that the cake you used was too moist and soft to begin with, which is fine for normal cake, but not for this.

silvina69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silvina69 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:10am
post #5 of 6

Yes, I did soaked and it got all mushy..... I'm going to try again tomorrow with a different recipe.

It has been raining for three days, do you think that got something to do with it?

Thank you Girls!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:20am
post #6 of 6

I usually brush mine with a pastry brush...never that this problem. Oh, dear! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%