Can The Wasc Recipe Be Used In A Convection Oven?

Decorating By howsweet Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm by txnonnie

howsweet Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 8

Just wondering if anyone knows of any proper adjustments???

7 replies
ASimpleBaker Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 8

when I bake in my sisters convection oven, the only change I make is a shorter baking time. Sometimes by half. I play it by ear and put in half the ususal time on my timer and go from there.

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

howsweet Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the reply icon_biggrin.gif You're saying it comes out about the same?

ASimpleBaker Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 8

Actually, I think it comes out a little better, due to the heat being more evenly distributed. But as for changing the recipe and what not, I do not. Of course that could be ignorance on my part, but the cakes I have made dont lie..lol princess.gif

angiev77 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 8

This is the recipe that I use for most of my cakes and I have always used my convection. I actually don't bake anything without the convection on since it more evenly distributes the heat. My WASC cakes always come out great with no "tweaking" of the recipe.

Loucinda Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 8

I use WASC all the time. My oven automatically lowers the temp 25 degrees - I bake all my cakes at 300 - no higher than 325. I also put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven to help offset the dryness the top of the cake seems to want to have (thanks to Indydebi for these hints!)

howsweet Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all sooooo much! icon_biggrin.gif I went ahead after getting the thumbs up and it turned out great!

txnonnie Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I use WASC all the time. My oven automatically lowers the temp 25 degrees - I bake all my cakes at 300 - no higher than 325. I also put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven to help offset the dryness the top of the cake seems to want to have (thanks to Indydebi for these hints!)

Wow, never thought of using a pan of water. Just goes to show how much you can learn on this site just by reading.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%