Help! I'm An Idiot

Decorating By firelegs Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm by KHalstead

firelegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firelegs Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 9

I generally grase & flour my pans - and I forgot to flour today - I only used crisco and then poured in the batter and stuck my cake in the oven. I'm hoping the only bad thing is that the cake sticks to the bottom of the pan, and it doesn't burn. Please let me know someone else has done this before.... Its going to be one of those days. icon_cry.gif

8 replies
SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 9

That's how Indydebi always does it...on purpose. icon_razz.gif It'll likely be OK for you. I've tried it, but don't get great results, so I stick to shortening and flour. Don't worry! You'll still have a mostly intact cake!

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 9

I am hoping it all comes out ok. I've totally forgotten to grease at all before and it was alright. Maybe just lucky though. I would let it cool off totally in the pan before trying to remove it.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 9

Well maybe the crisco will help, dont beat yourself up just yet.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 9

Im sure you wont have problems. I normally just spray my pans with "Pam" but when i dont have any i have used crisco and it worked fine!..i never use flour and have never had an issue.
Good Luck!!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 9

My advice would be to take the cakes out of the pans as soon as possible after baking. Cool slightly or they might break apart, warm cake is so fragile. If they are left to cool completely they will stick more.

Also run a knife around outside edge first before turning them over.

If your recipe has a higher oil content then they might just be fine.

Good luck!

firelegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firelegs Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you for the quick replies. I appreciate the help and support. I'll be happy if half of it doesn't completely stick to the pan. icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 9

Just let it cool for ten minutes in the pan and then whack the tar out of the sides and bottom till it gives in and pops out for you. Sometimes you just have to beat it for it to know who is boss. The shortning should keep the batter from sticking and it should come out of the pan while still warm.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 9

just make sure it's still warm when you turn it out and it'll be just FINE! I used to always grease with only crisco..til I started using the homemade quick release, which I prefer cuz it's so easy to just brush on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%