Oreo Truffle Pricing

Decorating By j-pal Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm by matthewkyrankelly

j-pal Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 4

I don't usually do anything other than cakes and occasionally some cookies, but I have a super nice lady who has become a very regular customer who asked if I could do oreo truffles with an upcoming cake order. Before I tell her yes or no, I was wondering what someone would usually charge for them? I don't want to even bother if I can't charge a decent amount.

In case you're not aware, but basically it's crushed oreos mixed with cream cheese, rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate. Sounds relatively easy, but I have been having the hardest time lately with melting my chocolate... and it's been a royal pain!

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.

3 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 4

I LOVE these...they're one of my favorite foods. How many does she want? Do you use premium chocolate for dipping? Could you use almond bark and dip them in white chocolate instead since you're having trouble with your chocolate consistency?

For charging them...I would figure out cost and time and pay yourself a good hourly rate. I am sure people will respond but from what I've read on here most people set a price per person. So say she wants 100 oreo balls to feed 30 people..then you would charge $2-$3 per person depending on what you're providing how decorated she wants them and how long they take you to do.

I would never make a 100 oreo balls for $30 by any means ...too much time and overhead...so I would charge a lot for them. If she is a good customer just explain to her that making such small items is very time consuming and if she wants them she can pay you if not she can make them herselficon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Mmm now I'm hungry

leah_s Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 4

Truffles of any kind, $1 each.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 4

If you can speed up your process a little and make your life a little easier with chocolate candy melts instead of real chocolate, I think it is very doable.

These are hand made with expensive ingredients for a bakery item. Depending on your scoop size(for accurate pricing), I'm thinking you have got to be in the $1.50 - $2.00 each range easily.

Quote by @%username% on %date%