How Much Fondant Do I Need To Buy?

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 1:17am by Creative_chika

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 8

I have a cake for July 11, 2009. The lady asked me if I could cover it in good tasting fondant. I was thinking about trying fondarific white vanilla- I think thats the name, not sure.
I'm not sure how much I would have to buy for a two tier (60 servings) cake to cover in fondant. And is it easy to color? Also have you had any expierence with this fondant or is there a better one out there? Do I charge the same as MMF, or does the price go higher?

Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 8

I can't help with Fondarific but have you ever tried flavoring your MMF? I flavor mine all the time...coconut, butter rum, vanilla, almond, orange, lemon, etc...You can use an extract as long as it's not colored, or you can use lorann oils (again watch out for the color thing).

When I use an extract, I use it to replace part of the water in the recipe, but when I use a lorann oil, I just add it in.

Creative_chika Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 8

Do you have the recipe or how much I would have to add for it to have a vanilla flavor? How much extract would I have to add? And which brand of extract is good? Thanks!!!! icon_smile.gif

Creative_chika Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 8

bump icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 8

Hey, sorry I didn't see it earlier...I sleep during the day.

When I make a recipe of MMF with 16 oz marshmallows and 2 lbs of powdered sugar, I add a tablespoon of Adams clear vanilla. I usually use 4 tablespoons of water, so when I add the clear vanilla I use 3 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of clear vanilla.

Creative_chika Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:42am
post #6 of 8

Thanks. I'm going to try and find the Adams vanilla icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:47am
post #7 of 8

It's the cheapest one here, but any clear vanilla extract should work fine for you. I've used McCormick without noticing a difference.

Creative_chika Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:17am
post #8 of 8

Thanks again alot!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%