Post Pics Of Cookies Made With Wilton's 101 Cookie Cutters

Baking By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm by mis

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:16am
post #1 of 12

Hey guys!
I am so excited I finally got my 101 Wilton cookie cutters. But I don't know how to decorate them icon_sad.gif Could you post pics of your cookies that you made with these cutters? I have no idea how to decorate them icon_sad.gif

Thanks!

11 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:10am
post #2 of 12

There are several cookie photo's in my folder that came from the 101 cookie cutter basket. I got a lot of inspiration from CC myself!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:12am
post #3 of 12

thanks! your pics are awesome, btw. icon_smile.gif

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 12

on which design you are not sure? I am using this cutters all the time, and love it. Let me know with what I can help, and I will post some pics.

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 12

for some reason the pictures are not coming up for me so I am not sure if tihs has been posted or not. I would love to see a picture of the fire truck cutter.

Thanks so much

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 12

Here is my firetruck. This was done last year, I am sure I would do a better job now. I am slowly replacing my old pictures with new one I made, and when I see my job from last year, I can see a big differences icon_smile.gif
But it should give you an idea icon_wink.gif
LL

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks for sharing you picture. I am a visual person and need to see a completed cookie rather then just the shape from the cutter icon_smile.gif

It's always fun to see how things inprove as we continue to do more.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #8 of 12

I have had my Wilton 101 cutter for a while. It was some of the first cutters I've owned. Quite a few of my pics are cookies using those cutters....

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:03am
post #9 of 12

ZlatkaT, thanks! I am like thumbs myself. I need to see a finished cookie to visualize it. I thought it would come with pictures of decorated cookies, silly me.

sarah i will take a look at your pictures too.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #10 of 12

Trace around the cutter with a pencil onto a sheet of paper. You can sketch out all kinds of ideas this way, and then color in the designs to see what they'd look like. It's a lot easier to do it this way than to sit staring at a naked cookie, wondering what to do next! I've found that I can save a lot of time by doing some planning and trying out different color combinations before I even mix up the icing.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:12am
post #11 of 12

what an awesome idea! thanks GeminiRJ

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Trace around the cutter with a pencil onto a sheet of paper. You can sketch out all kinds of ideas this way, and then color in the designs to see what they'd look like. It's a lot easier to do it this way than to sit staring at a naked cookie, wondering what to do next! I've found that I can save a lot of time by doing some planning and trying out different color combinations before I even mix up the icing.

This is what I do for most of my cookies and the few cakes I do. It really helps me and then I make a list of colors I need and what gets done first. I have cookie pics that are made with some Wilton 101 set. They are in my album. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%