What Are Your Thoughts???

Decorating By Cupcakeluv24 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm by mombabytiger

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #1 of 14

Good evening guys and gals so I have a question about the Wedding Cake Design Pro program. Is it worth it? I think it looks really cool to see your work come to life and give you a visual before you do it.
Has anyone used it? How is it to work with?
Thank you in advance!! icon_smile.gif

13 replies
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:29am
post #2 of 14

Really? 15 views and nobody can tell me anything?! This is a bummer.

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:34am
post #3 of 14

never heard of it I use photoshop and my "bamboo"

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:38am
post #4 of 14

I tried to order it from cajavaonline.com and couldn't get it to work. It's alot cheaper there than on the wedding design pro website. I really want to try it out! Did you see it somewhere else?

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:41am
post #5 of 14

phoufer the only place I have ever seen it was on their website.

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 14

They still show it on cajava for 39.99 but says it's discontinued and you don't have the option of buying it. Too bad that's better than 69.99 on the other website icon_sad.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 14

I bought it and it was fun to mess with for the first day, but honestly, I haven't used it for months. I think that if you can use any drawing program to make up some blank pictures of cake tiers, then just draw on them yourself, it would be just as good. The design elements that come in the computer program are kind of limited, and it would be impossible for them to update it enough to keep up with everything that you could put on a cake. It's good for doing basic pictures of basic cakes, but it takes too long to work with for most things.

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 14

You have to have really good graphics card or capabilities to use it without it hanging up all the time and yes, it was fun once in a while but for realistic sketching, I do that all by hand.

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:52pm
post #9 of 14

well this is disappointing, but I guess I will just wait for something else. I can't draw to save my life, and am not all that handy with photo shop or even just with the paint program tried that before also, guess I'll hire my 2y/o nephew. lol

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:59pm
post #10 of 14

I don't use it myself, but I tried out a friend's copy. It's okay. It's fun to play around with, but it's very limited as you can only use the adornments and decorations that are built into the program (they only sell upgrade for additional shaped tiers, but no additional design packages). The color palette is also very limited... I'm no artist, by any stretch (can barely make a decent stick figure lol), but I'll stick with my sketch pad and colored pencils. icon_smile.gif

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 14

I do a freehand pen and ink sketch and use watercolors or colored pencils to lightly color. Then I sign it as though I were a real artist (!) and present it with the contract. Brides love it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:12pm
post #12 of 14

I use it every time I get a wedding cake order, once the bride knows what they want I usually make it on wcd pro and email it to them. When we meet for a consultation in person, I sketch them a cake and then come home and do it on wcd pro and email it to them. They love to be able to see their cake in 3-D and it has also helped a couple brides who were a little unsure of the color of ribbon, etc. that they wanted!
Here are a couple cakes I did on wcd pro and the real things once they were made so you can see the capabilities
LL
LL
LL
LL

blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombabytiger

I do a freehand pen and ink sketch and use watercolors or colored pencils to lightly color. Then I sign it as though I were a real artist (!) and present it with the contract. Brides love it!

What a great idea! Mind if I...*ahem*...borrow it? icon_biggrin.gif

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #14 of 14

canary - Be my guest!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%