Lemon/raspberry Cake

Baking By liz24 Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 11:21pm by cathie_shinnick

liz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz24 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:48am
post #1 of 2

Does anyone have a recipe for a lemon/raspberry cake/filling for a wedding cake?

1 reply
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 2

Lemon cake

1 box DH white cake mix
1box lemon puding mix (insant)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
zest of 2 lemons
juice from 2 lemons
1 cup sour cream or lemon yogurt
1 1/3 cup of whole milk
2T of vegetable oil
3 eggs
1T lemon extract

beat untul just mixed, scrape bowl then mix for 1 min. will be thick. I do add a little yellow food color to give it the lemon look. bake at 325 until skewer comes out clean. I wrap the outside of the pans with strips of a towel cut to about 1" and wet with cold water. pin closed. this will help to keep the cake level. When done let sit for 5 minutes and flip out of pan. I let the cake sit for about 5 more minutes then wrap in platic wrap while still warm. Let cool completely. I then freeze the cakes until the day I need to crumb coat. I tort them while stull a little frozen. This cake is very dense and moist and cuts better cold. I just found a recipe for homwmade raspberry filling but haven't used it yet. I use raspberry allfruit (seedless) between ever layer. I made this cake for an event for my sons baseball team and for a few birthday cake orders, and now everyone wants this cake. . Oh I use a regular buttercream recipe to frost with just a little lemon extract. maybe 1 T to about 5 cups of frosting. You can also flavor the fondant with lemon or raspberry YUMMY....have fun

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%