Homer/colts

Decorating By danar217 Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 3:10am by indydebi

danar217 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 5

Help! I am making a grooms cake for my cousin and can't come up with an idea. It's just for the rehearsal dinner so it only needs to feed 25. His two favorite things that need to be on the cake are Homer Simpson and Indianapolis Colts (something with the horseshoe probably). I'm stumped. It has to travel two hours and I won't be there to assemble so it has to be ready to go. They'd like at least some fondant on it but it doesn't have to be covered in fondant. I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas.

Also, the groom loves german chocolate cake but noone else likes it. So if possible, I'm going to include one large ger. choc. cupcake but that doesn't have to be part of the design.

Any ideas are so appreciated!

4 replies
indydebi Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 5

The horseshoe pan decorated like the colts logo, with a fondant/gumpaste homer wearing a colts jersey sitting on the cake.

percussiongrrl Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 5

There is a Colts cake that I did in my photos. The logo is much easier if you print it from the internet and use the piping gel tracing/transfer. The helmet is from the Wilton 101 cookie cutters set with blue buttercream piping for the logo. You could put a Homer in a referee's uniform giving the "touchdown" sign, I think that would be fun!

Be warned....that icing turns everyone's mouth blue!

danar217 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks ladies! IndyDebi, I'll be over your way! It's for my cousin's wedding in Indianapolis, I was so hoping you were catering it but I think they have to have the reception site do it. I would have snuck in the kitchen to meet you!

indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by danar217

Thanks ladies! IndyDebi, I'll be over your way! It's for my cousin's wedding in Indianapolis, I was so hoping you were catering it but I think they have to have the reception site do it. I would have snuck in the kitchen to meet you!

Say when and where! I'm up for being a 5-minute-wedding-crasher! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%