Edible Rice Paper Image

Decorating By nonie2007 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 3:13am by nonie2007

nonie2007 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone please tell me what side the rice paper has to be on before putting it into the printer. I don't know if it even makes a difference. Does it absorb into the icing? I know it's alot of questions but someone told me to use this because it's much cheaper than edible paper. Thanks for your help in advance.

2 replies
PhotoFrost Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 3

It does not matter which side of the rice paper you use to print on, it will not effect the overall picture. Rice paper will not "merge" with frosting like Icing Sheets will. Unfortunately it just kind of lays there to be peeled off or if they try and cut the cake chances are it will just slip into the cake when they try and cut through it unless they have a very sharp knife.
Rice paper is a lot cheaper but it really does not give that true effect that you would like in my opinion. I recently did a cake with an Icing Sheet on it and watched as they cut the cake into 2"x2" pieces for everyone, it was great to see when they were finished cutting it that you could still see the picture clear as day with only the cut marks through it like a jigsaw puzzle. I get my sheets for like $25.20 a pack, for a $1.00 a sheet it is much more valuable to me for the end result than what I have experienced with rice paper and it tastes better too!!! icon_smile.gif Hope this helps

nonie2007 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%