Does Anyone Know What Type Of Flower This Is?

Decorating By kakealicious Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm by cheeseball

kakealicious Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hi CC!

Was wondering if anyone knew what type of flower is on this cake? My sister fell in love with it and wants me to make them for her wedding cake. I would ask the original designer but she got the picture from and unfortunately didn't say on this one who created it. It looks like a gerber daisy but not sure...I am not educated at all with flowers! Please help! Thanks!

4 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 5

They look like simplified and stylized gerbera daisies to me.

bettinashoe Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 5

I was also thinking they were daisies.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 5

The large look like gerberas. They usually have two layers and it looks like they sort of cupped the inner layer a little. Not like a real gerbera, but who cares? Also looked like some of the medium flowers were shasta daisies. The small ones might even be a forget-me-not. All in ivory with the gold dust, it is just the combination of the different sizes and several styles that creates so much interest. If you have trouble with a style, a substitution would probably not even be noticed.

cheeseball Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 5

Yep, like Michele said...a lot of folks would call that a fantasy flower...not exactly a daisy, but you get the idea. By the way, don't worry about not being a flower maven; sometimes you want flowers that are spot on like the real thing and sometimes you want a variation that just looks cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%