Where Can I Purchase Fondant Letter Cutters?

Decorating By Mickeebabe Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 7:42am by Rylan

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 9

I'm looking for some fondant letter cutters that are bigger than 3/4" high and smaller than 2" high.

If you know of a website or a store that may have some, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks

Kimberly

8 replies
chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 9

odd reply, but have you looked at the play-doh in the toy section? i used to have some letter cutters that were originally for play-doh, but i used them for decorating the tops of my apple pies with extra pie dough. just a thought... icon_cool.gif

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 9

I just placed an order on thebakerskitchen.net..I thought their prices were reasonable. Check them out!

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 9

I just got a set of tappits from Global sugar art. The have various sizes available on the website.
Lori

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohnlo

I just got a set of tappits from . The have various sizes available on the website.
Lori

Hey Lori, I've been wondering: are these just little "cookie" cutter type cutters that you have to gently tap out the cutout, or are they like that one sheet of plastic where you scrape the excess gumpaste or fondant out and tap it out of the mold? I always have trouble with this kind.

I am curious too, does anyone have a letter cutout set that are real cutouts? I have the rounded-edge Wilton set, but want something a little more grown-up....thanks!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 9
Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 9

Loucinda.....yup those are the ones I was talking about. Haven't had a chance to use them more than once yet.
Lori

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:26am
post #8 of 9

Has anyone ever tried these:

Funky Alphabet & Numbers by FMM

Funky Alphabet & Numbers by FMM. A quick & easy way to produce Alphabet & Numbers in a Fun & Funky way. Letters and numbers measure about 1-1/2 inches tall by 1 inch wide.

I was just wondering how easy or hard they are to use?

I'm having problems finding the size I want. I want some that are taller than 3/4". They don't have to be funky or script, just taller than 3/4".

Thanks for any and all help.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:42am
post #9 of 9

I have the funky ones by FMM and it is pretty easy to work with.

Check Edna's tutorial on youtube.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%