Fondant Question

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 5:57pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

I don't normally use fondant but whenever i do, i find it picks up ANYTHING and doesn't look as clean as all of the cookies in the gallery. How do you handle working with fondant and not getting any specks or lint or whatever on it?
I roll it out on a clean board with a different rolling pin than what i use for rolling out cookies.

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 6

Try rolling it out in a marble pastry board (just for that use), maybe that would help.

luv2bake6 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you. I was hoping not to have to buy anything for it since i don't use it much.
But i'll check them out the next time i'm at the store. Thanks again.

Neelas_wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neelas_wife Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 6

I clean out my granite counters with anti wipes and then with just the regular paper towel + water and then just paper towel. In the same order......

Then apply crisco on the counter and start off.....This way I dont find anything stuck to my fondant.....

You can also do it on any table which does not have desings...Good Luck!

Lisabellemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisabellemarie Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 6

I wash the counter, wipe it with a paper towel, and then rub a bunch of Crisco on it (because it seems like Crisco attracts every speck of ANYTHING flying through the air)...and then I wipe it off with a clean paper towel. Then I put down more Crisco, and roll it out. I have issues with fondant, but getting stuff in it isn't one of them.

Maybe it's not necessary, but I find that it works for me. icon_biggrin.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:57pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your advice. I never thought to smear Crisco on the counter after i've cleaned it thoroughly.
The most frustrating thing for me with using fondant are those mircroscopic specks of anything that it seems to attract no matter how much i clean off the rolling surface.
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%