Chocolate Malt Cake Recipes????

Baking By lam1498 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 9:57pm by mbt4955

lam1498 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all,

Iam searching for a chocolate malt cake recipe. I found pictures of chocolate malt cakes but no recipes.....HELP!

7 replies
lam1498 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 8

or chocolate malt icing recipes

mbt4955 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 8

Melvira has one for cupcakes. You would need to alter the baking time, but they are yummy!

Melvira's Malted Cuppies

1 Devil's Food Cake mix
1 pkg Devil's Food Jell-O pudding mix
1/4 c. Carnation malt powder (chocolate or vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Hershey's cocoa powder
4 eggs
1 1/8 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons vanilla
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix all ingredients to moisten, then scrape sides of the bowl and beat on medium for 1 minute. (Batter will be THICK!) Scoop into cupcake liners or nut cups. Place in oven and immediately drop oven temp to 350 degrees. (If you bake in multiple batches, raise temp back to 400 between batches.) Bake for approximately 18 minutes, or until done. Yields 24-28 cupcakes.

cs_confections Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 8

A couple of years ago, I made a malted cake that tasted like whoppers. I also used Whoppers (crushed and whole) to decorate the top. PM me if you're interested in that recipe and I'll dig through my recipe drawer. I know it's in there somewhere... icon_razz.gif

Jayde Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 8

I dont like the malted cake, just my preference, but i do love my malted milk chocolate BC. I pair it with a chocolate fudge cake or a vanilla bean.

1 batch of IndyDebi's BC
8 oz. of melted milk chocolate
1/4 cup of cocoa powder (dutch processed)
4 tbsp. of Hershey's chocolate syrup
1/4 cup of malt powder

chassidyg Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 8

Melvira makes bettercreme & puts in the whoppers malt syrup in it. It's soooooooo yummy! Mel's malt cupcake & icing are by far my faves!!! icon_biggrin.gif

lam1498 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 8

THANKS EVERYONE icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

Melvira makes bettercreme & puts in the whoppers malt syrup in it. It's soooooooo yummy! Mel's malt cupcake & icing are by far my faves!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Here is all of Melvira's recipe. I gave you the cake earlier. I can't get malted milk syrup, so I use Carnation malted milk powder for all three parts. I took some to the fire station last night for 2 of our 15 fire crews and they loved them! icon_smile.gif

Melvira's Malted Cuppies
Contributed by Melvira

I guess my recipe is kind of lame, it's just a doctored mix, but since I introduced a lot of you to the evil powers of Whoppers Syrup, I suppose we could add it to the file. I hadn't even realized it wasn't there until a couple people were asking which one was mine... then I looked and realized it was neither! I don't want anyone to think I am taking credit for their recipes, so we'll put my lame one in there! Hehehe.

Malted Cuppies Take Over Earth!!

1 Devil's Food Cake mix
1 pkg Devil's Food Jell-O pudding mix
1/4 c. Carnation malt powder (chocolate or vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Hershey's cocoa powder
4 eggs
1 1/8 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons vanilla
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix all ingredients to moisten, then scrape sides of the bowl and beat on medium for 1 minute. (Batter will be THICK!) Scoop into cupcake liners or nut cups. Place in oven and immediately drop oven temp to 350 degrees. (If you bake in multiple batches, raise temp back to 400 between batches.) Bake for approximately 18 minutes, or until done. Yields 24-28 cupcakes.

Malted Filling

2 cups Bettercreme
1/2 cup Hersheys Whoppers Malt Syrup

POur both ingredients into mixing bowl, whip to semi-stiff peaks. Fill cooled cupcakes. Will fill 24-28 cupcakes.

Malted Ganache

1/3 cup whipping cream
2 Tablespoons malt powder or Hersheys Whoppers Malt Syrup
1 cup mini Nestle morsels

Heat whipping cream to boiling, add malt powder and stir to dissolve. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. (Strain if needed to insure smooth texture with no lumps.) Dip tops of filled cupcakes in ganache, allow to set, then decorate with leftover filling. Will cover 24-28 cupcakes depending on how thick you coat them. If you prefer, you can make additional filling and ice cupcakes with the Bettercreme instead of ganache.

This is a very simple 'doctored mix' recipe, but trust me... it gets LOTS of addicts banging on your door! Laughing Twisted Evil

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%