Fun Little Game.....who Would Make Your Cake?

Decorating By ccr03 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 7:36am by G_Cakes

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 39

I'm at work. I'm bored. My mind is wondering.

As a decorator, who would you contract to make your wedding cake? I'm no where near getting married, but I already told my family, I can care less about decorations and such. I will be spending a good amount of $$ on the cake though. I would LOVE Rosebud Bakery in L.A. to do it.

38 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 39

id like lorraine mckay, aine2 on youtube, or debbie brown to do mine, i love there work, everything seems to vibrant bright and smooth, it really comes to life, thats what i like to look for in a cake. when it jumps of the page at me and makes me go woow! thats when i know its a good cake lol icon_smile.gif

Neelas_wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neelas_wife Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 39

Edna who is here in CCicon_smile.gif

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 39

Sugarshack!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 39

Picking from Cake Central I would go SugarShack..I feel like I know her from her videos and I love her work...in the world it would be Bronwen Webber...I love her stuff...especially the truly unique pieces.

Since you brought this up I have to share a funny story. I'm engaged and the first thing everyone asked me was "Am I making my own wedding cake". I said no way.. too much stress...then came all the questions about where would I get it and what would it look like. I'm having a small very casual mexican wedding (close family and friends ...kind of a big dinner more than a formal wedding) and I decided I wanted to have a desert table where certain friends and family made their signature regular old cakes...Like my friends mom makes the best Lemon Cake..

Is it totally weird to decorate cakes and LOVE cakes and not have a big fancy wedding cake? I just can't see a big fancy cake at our style of wedding...nothing has spoken to me just wondering if I'm nuts....

I am doing the cake for my shower...thoughicon_wink.gif Probably a topsy turvy..

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 39

Mike McCarey. hands down.

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 39

Since we are dreaming here, I would have four smaller cakes, one from Edna, one from Indydebi, one from Sugarshack, and then one from Bronwen Webber, I highly admire and respect all of these Special ppl, and would be thrilled @#&&less to have any of them do my cakes, he&& just show up for that matter.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 39

Bronwen Weber because she is just so cute and makes gorgeous cakes. OR, Sugar Shack or Tonedna. There are so many, it'd be hard to choose. Heck, I'd love to have one by Kerrie Vincent. She's amazing.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 39

Anne @ Pink Cake Box

Sillywabitz - I don't think that is silly at all, I think it a great idea to get the family involved in the wedding. A nice touch.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #10 of 39

Not at all sillywabbitz!

For me, making/decorating cakes is what I do, not so much who I am. In my case however, I've already said, I want a big ol' traditional wedding. But I'm normally not one to likes to bring attention to myself.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:56pm
post #11 of 39

I don't know but it'd be someone who can make my cake look (and how my mind thinks it'll taste too) like one in the magazine when it's sliced. The ones with the mousse-y looking fillings....chocolate cake with alternating layers of mocha truffle mousse, caramel mousse and white chocolate cream cheese mousse....delicate white cake filled with alternating layers of grapefruit, lemon, and orange curd...butter pecan cake filled with alternating layers of cream cheese, and caramel meringue buttercream icings....

Daggumit!

I got married almost 26 years ago and I still dream about the cake I'd have if I ever got married...HAHA!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:04pm
post #12 of 39

Cynthia Peithman. She was my first teacher in culinary school and she's an amazing chef and cake artist.

www.cakeline.com

I just hope I can afford her when the time comes icon_smile.gif

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 39

HAHAHA allforcakes i think its time to renrew your vows..... and sillywabbitz i see where your coming from if its a small wedding i think the family thing is cool but i would still want a cake! and bronwen weber would be my #1 i love her super frilly string work,its so not my normal style but its just soooo cool.

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:11pm
post #14 of 39

Marina Sousa.......LOVE her!!!!!!!!!!

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:21pm
post #15 of 39

Elisa Strauss or Ron Ben Israel

icon_smile.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #16 of 39

sugar shack for one tier, edna for another, and I just found this site
http://www.gateaux-inc.com/NewHome.htm

and I'm in cake love, so maybe they could do the 3rd tier.

Lorraine Mckay could do the party favours (little figures at each place setting)

Michelle foster can do my bouquet of gum paste flowers

and the whole thing catered by indydebi cause I just want to listen to her "debi-isims"

oh well, a girl can dream...

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #17 of 39

CakeGirls.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:30pm
post #18 of 39

For me Mary Maher or Mike McCarey hands down!!!!!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:34pm
post #19 of 39

Sylvia Weinstock, Edna, The Cake Girls ,or the Cake Artilier. I love their work.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:35pm
post #20 of 39

I would take a Jennifer Dontz cake or maybe one from my good internet friend Toni B...I am so inspired by both of them!

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:38pm
post #21 of 39

Edna from CC. Love her and her cakes....

shturpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shturpin Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:45pm
post #22 of 39

EDNA ! And while the cake is baking, she could teach me how to dance !

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:50pm
post #23 of 39

Ok, so there are some ppl I forgot, lets just round them all up, kidnapp them, and then have them make everything we can think of, and the best part would be, we would get to watch and learn, then eat cake. (rapidly shaking head to wake up)
But what a nice party huh!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:02pm
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsheik

I would take a Jennifer Dontz cake or maybe one from my good internet friend Toni B...I am so inspired by both of them!

Tonitaly? Heck yeah!!! When she isn't busy complaining about the rough terrain she has to travel on the coast of Italy! Lol...I gave her poop about that one! icon_twisted.gif

Oh...Shinmin from I Dream of Cake, that website alone is enough to make me drool!!!

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:15pm
post #25 of 39

normally i get no cake unless i make it myself. lol. but if i could have one made, i love Elena from Charm City Cakes. she's the one with the tattoos and i love her techniques with the punk/gothic themes. when (if) i get married, i would love that kind of cake! icon_cool.gif

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:26pm
post #26 of 39

hmm oh dear i would have such trouble deciding! probably indydebi or edna!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #27 of 39

I love Kate Sullivans quirky style, so i choose her icon_smile.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:55pm
post #28 of 39

Wow, I have sooo many that I like, but here goes:

Toba Garrett

Tonedna

Ben Israel

Pink Cake Box

Kerry Vincent

Sugarshack

Mike McCarey

Jeanne (she has a different username, it used to be Jkalman)

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #29 of 39

Hands down - Bronwen Webber - I would love to even meet her, much less have her make my cake for my (still imaginary) wedding.

snowynight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowynight Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 10:18pm
post #30 of 39

If I ever renewed my vows it would be Edna or IndyDebi !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%