Cake Decorating Magazines.

Decorating By lildragon Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 5:10am by lildragon

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 9

I've been looking to subscribe to a couple more cake magazines, other than American Cake Decorating, and I was surprised by the cost of the subscription. I believe one was called "Cake & Sugarcraft" which was $102 per year (for 12 issue sub) and the other was "Sugarcraft" which was $60 for a year (and a 4 issue sub). I just wanted to know if spending the money on these subscriptions are worth it? Any opinions? Thank you.

8 replies
lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 9

Glad you asked this. I've been wanting to subscribe to something too. But with them costing so much, I wasn't sure what to get.

PS- love your avatar!!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 9

What I usually do is buy the other magazines individually from Global. That way I can see the cover of the issue and see if I really want it. Because sometimes magazines are good one month and useless on others. Plus I dont know of anyone else that carries the magazines from the UK!!

lildragon Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane52403

Glad you asked this. I've been wanting to subscribe to something too. But with them costing so much, I wasn't sure what to get.

PS- love your avatar!!!

Thank you!! I was rather surprised that there weren't very many magazines devoted strictly to cake decorating and the ones available are rather pricey for me.

lildragon Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

What I usually do is buy the other magazines individually from Global. That way I can see the cover of the issue and see if I really want it. Because sometimes magazines are good one month and useless on others. Plus I dont know of anyone else that carries the magazines from the UK!!

Thank you!! I'll have to check this out!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #6 of 9

Im one of those that are addicted to all that is cake magazines. I buy bridal magazines just so that I can look at their cakes! Tivo every cake show they have too! So Im obsessed! Global has three different magazines. One is a book of about 500 different cakes and they have about twelve volumes of it. Then they have the UK version of American Cake Magazine. And then also that too!

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 9

Barnes & Nobles carries some of the UK magazines. I go in there and can peruse it before I buy. And then I save on the shipping.

Global has a lot and I have purchased several from them that are not available in the stores.

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 9

I love Cake Craft & Decoration. It's a UK sugar-craft mag. They demo such great techniques in there. It is very pricey in the US. You can get it from www.cakecraftshoppe.com. My fave online store since I've been overseas. thumbs_up.gif

lildragon Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 5:10am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee15

Barnes & Nobles carries some of the UK magazines. I go in there and can peruse it before I buy. And then I save on the shipping.

Global has a lot and I have purchased several from them that are not available in the stores.

Thanks for the input. I RAN over to Barnes and Noble in hopes they would have something, but sadly the only magazine my local store had was a wedding magazine (from the UK which I bought). Thanks to all for the insight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%