Michelle Fosters Fondant

Decorating By bmarlow001 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm by auntbeesbaking

bmarlow001 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 4

I have heard so many great things about this fondant and decided to give it a try last week. I started to make the fondant and everything went really well, by the time I was done kneading the the fondant it had a really great feel to it! I was so excited that I had finally found a fondant that was not going to stick to everything and have a really great look icon_biggrin.gif BUT.... I went to use it the next day and it kept cracking, I rolled it out and the edges were all cracked, I tried to lay it on the cake and it just cracked all the way around although on the flat areas of the cake it was really nice looking icon_sad.gif I know this fondant can be a really great fondant but what did I do wrong????

Also, I kneaded in the sugar until it was not sticky anymore, is it supposed to be left kinda sticky?

PLEASE HELP!!!

3 replies
ibmoser Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 4

I love this recipe! I knead in enough ps so that it feels "moist" but is no longer sticky. Allow it to rest, and then knead well before using. I have found that all fondant, but especially this fondant, needs to be kneaded very well. It will become pliable and stretchy when it is ready to use. Before that point, it will break and crumble. Try kneading more - maybe that is all the problem is. I also like adding melted white chocolate - that seems to make it a little more pliable.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

I kept buttering it with shortening while I was kneading it, and then it became pliable for me, besides being very tasty!

auntbeesbaking Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

Just a thoughht - did you wrap it up in saran wrap painted with oil and bagged in a ziploc bag? I think her directions suggest that. I also need to let it set (at least 6 hours per Michele) to help with the "stickiness". I think it's a fondant that is hard to use immediately but has fantastic results once it "blooms."

I use her fondant (her original recipe) and just love it! To me, it's easeir to use than mmf which gets hard quickly (at least in my experience).

Good Luck!

By the way, when I had questions about her fondant and PM'd her, she answered back pretty quickly and was very helpful and sweet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%