High Blue

Decorating By jensenscakes Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 9:59pm by jensenscakes

jensenscakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 9

Okay this may be a dumb question but I was hoping someone here could help me. Last year I entered a cake in the fair and it took first place (yea!) but I also got a high blue ribbon. What is the High Blue for and what does it mean? icon_confused.gif

8 replies
jensenscakes Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 12:22am
post #2 of 9

No one knows what this means?

m_luv Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 12:27am
post #3 of 9

sorry, i never heard of it. i was thinking it was a thread about some kind of food coloring. haha!

Escaliba Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenscakes

Okay this may be a dumb question but I was hoping someone here could help me. Last year I entered a cake in the fair and it took first place (yea!) but I also got a high blue ribbon. What is the High Blue for and what does it mean? icon_confused.gif

Could you please tell me if you got any other ribbons etc for the first place win, as well as the High Blue ribbon.
Congratulations, by the way!

jensenscakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:36am
post #5 of 9

Yes, I did get a first place ribbon in addition I also got a high blue ribbon.

jensenscakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:37am
post #6 of 9

jensenscakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:38am
post #7 of 9

Escaliba Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:13am
post #8 of 9

I have very little experience in actual cake decorating contests but in all modesty, a vast amount of competition experience in other areas, all related to Agricultural & Horticutural Shows.
Our family has been involved in competing & judging at these shows for over 3 generations.
A High Blue means a High Point Overall Win in a set group of classes & is nearly always based on an overall pointscore total.
Example; there might be 10 classes, all listed under one category.
Each class will have it's winner & minor placings.
The High Point Blue Winner has received the most points out of any entry in those 10 classes.
This system applies to a vast range of competitions, from sewing & handcrafts to horses,ponies & sheep!
I hope this may be of some help to you.

jensenscakes Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:59pm
post #9 of 9

Yes that does help, Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%