Tinkerbell Cake

Decorating By RaeLynn1221 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm by Franluvsfrosting

RaeLynn1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaeLynn1221 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a Tinkerbell cake for DD. The party is Saturday. I have a toy to put on top. I am wanting a green and purple color scheme. I am not sure which color to make the main part of the cake. I am thinking about purple with green swirls or vines. If I make it purple should I use green for her name or would another color look better?

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, I like your idea of icing the cake with purple and doing the swirls with green. For the name you can either use green or maybe pink? All these colours go together really well. icon_smile.gif

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 7

What about a darker or lighter shade of the purple you use to cover the cake.

Are you using bc or fondant? if using fondant maybe purple letter with a green silhouette

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 7

This is a tinkerbell cake I did..It's a simple cake, but it's one of my favorites because of the colors. It sounds like the colors may be the same as what your wanting on your cake. The edible image on top was similar to the plates and napkins.
LL

twinkletwinkledliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletwinkledliz Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 7

Im doing a tinkerbell cake in 2 weeks and the color scheme i have been asked to do is , Lavendar, Deeper purple, lime green and pink here and there.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 7

I recently did a petal shape cake with tinkerbell (it's in my photos) & was super simple to make, my dd loved it & still talks about it 3 months later ;o)

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 7

I have a Tinkerbell cake in my photos too. It's based on the one in the Wilton book but my little girl wanted it "more pinkleish". I used the cans of Wilton spray to get the effect and she loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%