Any Ideas????

Decorating By Jaimelt76 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm by Kiddiekakes

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 6

I was just asked to do a cake for one of the guys my DH works with. They are having a party for him next week. Here is the problem.... They want a 3 tier cake that celebrates his 25 years with the company, his upcoming wedding, and his wife's birthday. These are the things they told me they like boating( small yacht type of boat), wine, dining, entertaining, camp, gardening, and the color blue. I am having a hard time trying to come up with any ideas that will go together.
This is the idea I have so far. Bottom tier make it look like a marina, middle tier make it look like woods with a camp, and top tier a garden with a figurine of them having a picnic with a wine bottle. I will do all the tiers in a light blue to make it look like the sky. What do you's think. It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me and I just cant think. Thank you's and sorry kinda long.

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 6

I would make the bottom tier represent his 25 years with the company, the middle tier his wife's B'day and the top tier his upcoming wedding. Not sure how to incorporate everything they like into those three things as there will already be enough going on.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 6

your idea sounds a lot like i was thinking! id say go with it - and show us pictures!
xx

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimelt76

I was just asked to do a cake for one of the guys my DH works with. They are having a party for him next week. Here is the problem.... They want a 3 tier cake that celebrates his 25 years with the company, his upcoming wedding, and his wife's birthday. These are the things they told me they like boating( small yacht type of boat), wine, dining, entertaining, camp, gardening, and the color blue. I am having a hard time trying to come up with any ideas that will go together.
This is the idea I have so far. Bottom tier make it look like a marina, middle tier make it look like woods with a camp, and top tier a garden with a figurine of them having a picnic with a wine bottle. I will do all the tiers in a light blue to make it look like the sky. What do you's think. It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me and I just cant think. Thank you's and sorry kinda long.

Honestly! What do they expect from you? This is THREE cakes!

For all the good that the TV shows have done to elevate the art and skill of cake decorating in people's eyes......the down-side is now they want these theme cakes to incorporate every aspect of their lives.

Now THAT's off my chest...I'd try to streamline it a little. tiggy2's ideas are very good. Unify it with a single color blue...with fun casual chocolate transfers in the style of Whimsical Bakehouse. Maybe the company logo and "25" in chocolate transfers on one tier, wedding bells or similar (again chocolate transfers) on the other, then the top tier in same blue but with waves and a little topper - two people in the boat with a picnic basket in the back and "Just Married - Good Luck" or something with the traditional cans from the back of the boat.

Have fun!

FionaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FionaB Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 6

would you consider doing the top tier as a boat with them sitting in it drinking a glass of wine?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 6

Sometimes when I have a cake that has 3-4 different themes I make cookies to represent each thing they enjoy doing like boating...wine glass....bikini etc...I had a 40th birthday cake once and they wanted 5 or 6 different things that the lady enjoyed doing so I made the cake sort of tropical and added cookies like palm trees and bikini sunglasses...wine glass....and a few other things and I randomly set them around the cake..It turned out really nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%