Hello!

Lounge By DefyGravity Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm by michellenj

DefyGravity Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 8

Hello! I was a little unsure of where to put my introduction, so this was my best guess icon_smile.gif My name is Lisa, and I am 23. Right now I am in Wilton Course 2, and I'm having a great time. I took Course 1 as a way to get out of the house and I am REALLY glad I did.

I am married with 3 kids: a 4 year old boy and twin girls who are 13 months. My husband is currently in Korea (he's in the Air Force) and will be there until next June.

Anyway, I know I'm not great at cakes yet, but I know I just need to practice, practice, practice! I appreciate all constructive criticism and look forward to all the help that's available here!

7 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 8

Welcome! I love your user name. icon_smile.gif

There is a TON of good information on here! You'll learn so much from the talented decorators who frequent CC. Besides the great info on here, check other members' signature lines. Many people have websites with tutorials on them, and they link to them in their sig lines. Those are great, too!

Have fun with your cakes!

Deanna

cakes22 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 8

Hi! & Welcome.

Lots of really nice people who are also talented and experts in almost everything you would need/want to know about cake.

You must be a busy mom with twins and a 4 yr old. You need to get out of the house for your own sanity!!!

Enjoy CC!!!

cakes22

Ohara Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 8

Welcome. You will love this site.
Also wanted to thank you and your husband for your service to our country! Again, welcome!

Rylan Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 8

WELCOME TO CC!

I am Rylan and it is very nice meeting you.

JanH Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:43am
post #6 of 8

Hi and Welcome to CC, DefyGravity. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above superthread has popular CC recipes for: crusting American buttercreams, fondant and doctored cake mixes (WASC) and so much more!

HTH

DefyGravity Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:12pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks ladies!

I really appreciate all the help and advice!

michellenj Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #8 of 8

Hi, Defy! Welcome to CC. You will find that the people here are so smart and helpful! No matter what the subject.

Michelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%