Ri Transfer....whats The Best Way.....

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 6:54pm by DianeLM

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 5

to do this? I know basically what to do but what is the best thing to put it on without having a ton of breakage during the transfer?
Also, when transferring is it best to flip it upside down onto cake then remove backing?
Any help would be great or if you know where to find more information on this,
Thanks bunches!
Ashley

4 replies
Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 5

I use wax paper to put it on. To take it off, I use the edge of a table. Put it on the egde of the table, as you slide it toward you pull the wax papaer down and away from the transfer. HTH.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 5

The best material to pipe onto is plastic cling wrap (Saran). No need to pull over the edge of a table. Be sure to tape it down. When your piece is dry, cut widely around the piece with a sharp knife (Xacto, e.g.). Lift the whole thing up and the piece will literally fall right off the plastic. Or, gently turn it over in one hand while peeling the plastic off with the other hand.

Don't flip your piece upside down onto the cake because with RI pieces, the top is the top - as opposed to FBCT and choc xfers where the bottom is the top. Get it? icon_smile.gif

For best results, use freshly made royal. Rebeaten royal is a recipe for disaster.

If you need to pipe small details, think about adding them after the piece has dried.

Don't use anything smaller than tip 2 for outlining or filling in or you run the risk of breakage.

And most importantly, MAKE EXTRAS!!

Good luck!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks that helps loads!
Another question I thought of will a RI transfer hold up on an Ice Cream cake? Or would the FBCT be better?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 5

I've never put a RI piece on an ice cream cake, so I'm just guessing here. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've put RI things in the freezer with no ill effects. Hopefully, someone with experience will chime in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%