Recipe For Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache?

Baking By CookieMeister Updated 26 Jun 2014 , 4:35pm by hil86

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 8

Anyone have one they could share with me? Or tips on doctoring a regular chocolate ganache recipe to include PB flavor? I'd greatly appreciate it!

7 replies
MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 8

Here's one! I've never tried it but it sounds awesome!! Hope this helps...you'll have to let me know if it is good if you try it!

Milk chocolate peanut butter ganache

8 oz high quality milk chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not sugar free or natural)
pinch of salt

1. In a medium saucepan, heat heavy cream over med-hi heat until bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Add the peanut butter and salt and whisk until completely combined.
2. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and let stand for about 1 min to melt chocolate, then whisk until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Cover the surface of the ganache with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to spread (approx 4 hrs).

Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 1 week. Yields 2 1/2 cups

Lisabellemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisabellemarie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 8

I've made peanut butter ganache with this recipe, which is really just the chocolate ganache 1 recipe on here, with some peanut butter thrown in:

8 oz cream
1 Tablespoon butter
1 oz sugar
1/2 - 3/4 cup peanut butter (1 really big scoop)
12 oz chocolate (I used dark chocolate chips)

Stir the cream, butter and sugar together and heat until it bubbles, then add the peanut butter and whisk in throughly, then pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Then, stir, starting in the middle, and let sit until it's the consistency you're looking for (depending on what you're doing with the ganache).

It's DELICIOUS!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 8

Lisabelle that does sound good!! icon_lol.gif

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 8

it is sooooooo good. I have made this before and put it in a choc cake and everyone loves it.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:17am
post #6 of 8

They both sound great......can't wait to try them.

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:19am
post #7 of 8

Lisabellemarie thanks for sharing. This sounds so yummy!

hil86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hil86 Posted 26 Jun 2014 , 4:35pm
post #8 of 8

AI know this is a super old feed but I'm wondering if the second recipe hardens when chilled like regular ganache? Or does the pb soften the texture at all? Definitely want to fill my next cake with this but wondering if I should cover with regular ganache to get those sharp edges! Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%