Pearl Borders ???

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm by 2SchnauzerLady

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All!!

I have a 6mm Pearl maker. I tried it out last night and it works AMAZINGLY. My question is how do I apply the pearls to the edge of my cake with the extra fondant sttip that is attached with it?? I hope this is making sense. Those who have these pearl markers should not what I am talking about.

Also, I apply cornstarch to the pearl maker so that the pearls do not stick. I can dust the extra off when removed, but it still leaves a white hue to the pearls. How can I get my pearls clean looking without the cornstarch remains.

3 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 4

That little strip goes to the lower back, right in the "corner" where the cake meets the board (or the lower tier). You can gently brush the cornstarch off with a dry brush or a brush dipped in a bit of shortening or alcohol, but apply cornstarch very sparingly to any mold - it can fill up little details in the mold. Gently dust the paste before you press it into the mold thumbs_up.gif

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 4

I wasn't sure if you meant the plastic or silicone mould but I did a search and found this. Not sure if it is helpful to you.
When I have used mine I used a lifht smearing of shortening. I have the plastic one.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/whatshot/beads.aspx

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 4

Rosiepan, that is a very helpful site - I recently got a silicone mold and haven't had a chance to use it, but that site will come in handy in a couple of weeks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%