Dog Cake

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm by tree45

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:23am
post #1 of 7

In July, i have a cake to make for a boy that loooooves dogs. I have no idea what to do.

Any ideas would be appreciated,the hard thing is he'll be turning 14(so it can't be to kid-like), there will only be about 15 people to serve, and i have never carved anything(i'm willing to try but i would need as much advice as possible).

Thanks,
Sweetcakesbydesign

6 replies
abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:36am
post #2 of 7

What if you did a cake that looked like a dog bowl. I have seen a few of them here on CC, and think they are really cute. You could find out if he has any favorite sports teams and incorporate those colors in the cake. This one is cute, and it is filled with Reese's peanut butter cereal:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1295223

Make sure to show us some pictures!

sweetcakesbydesign Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:13am
post #3 of 7

thanks abra 526! tat sounds great, i'll ask him. i know he kind of has his heart set on a actual dog, thoughicon_smile.gif

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:20am
post #4 of 7

If hey wants a 3D dog, there is one in my photos for you to get an idea from. I decorated mine to look like a maltese, which obviously would be too girly for a 14 year old boy, but you could decorate it how ever you'd like. It was my first 3D cake, and much more simple than i had imagined. Let me know if you have any questions!

sweetcakesbydesign Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:50am
post #5 of 7

I looked at your cake photos and absolutely loved the dog. Do you have any instructions that you are willing to share. you can PM me if you want.

Thanks for all your help.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 7

I've got dog cakes in my photos that look like actual dogs. You could look at those for some ideas.

Deanna

tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 7

I've seen the 2 cupcake dogs, those are really cute too. You could put them around the dog bowl

Heres a link
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=682883

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%