Personal Equipment And Shared Space

Business By cblupe Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm by annieluz

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:45am
post #1 of 2

Just wondering how sharing a kitchen space is working and do you leave your equipment at the space. Do you feel your supplies are safe? Do you haul your stuff back and forth?

Also, are making flowers at home for a cake and then taking them in with you to your rental to decorate the cake; would that be legal to do? Can you make some stuff at home? Or does everything have to be made in the licensed kitchen?

I hope these aren't stupid questions and that they make sense. Thanks for any responses I get.

cb birthday.gif

1 reply
annieluz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieluz Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 2

bump! great questions! I would like to know as well!

eventually (when I get enough business to make up for it) i plan on renting the kitchen in my friends restaurant after hours... I want to be able to do as much as possible from home and still be legit! BTW - Does the kithcen that I rent HAVE to be a bakery? or can it be fine as long as it is a functioning restaurant? <-stupid question, I'm sure! LOL

And to answer your other questions about the saftey of your supplies, I personally would leave the BIG stuff (this is my FRIENDS place, so I am certain it will be safe) and possibly take the smaller things back with me... OR another idea (light bulb!!!) you can have "lockers" and everyday when you are leaving put everything away in your locker (make sure you take inventory) and then lock it. only you will have the master key and that way you can avoid lugging all your stuff back and forth! if you rent the space you can negotiate an extra monthly "storage" fee... just a thought!

HTH

PS - Sucks that Florida does not allow for home bakeries... ughhh... I'll keep crossing my fingers til then!!! GOOD LUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%