Chocolate Cake Recipe Needed....

Baking By Rhonda19 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 6:11pm by karizkakes

Rhonda19 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:17am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have a good Chocolate Cake recipe, that starts with a box mix??

I am doing a B-Day cake for someone, and would like to find a really good chocolate cake recipe?

Thanks
Rhonda

8 replies
saffronica Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:25am
post #2 of 9

I just posted this on another thread -- how funny! Anyway, this is the best one I've found so far:

1 chocolate cake mix (I use BC Triple Chocolate Fudge)
1 chocolate pudding mix (four serving size)
1 c. sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water
2 oz. finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate

Mix everything but the chocolate, then stir in the chocolate. Makes a nice thick batter, and a really moist cake. I did a taste-test a while ago where I baked four different chocolate cakes and had several people try them, and this was EVERYONE'S favorite. None of the others (which were scratch cakes) even came close!

icer101 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:27am
post #3 of 9

there are lots on this site.. lots of variations of the wasc cake.. starts with a cake mix.. and then add other ingredients. one is called original wasc.. by kakeladi...you can use any flavor cake mix... one by macsmom.. cakepro... has one..and several others . that have come up with their versions of a good chocolate cake.. i have tried kakeladi... very good. so just look them up. look at the ingredients,etc.. they are called cake mix extenders.. hth

bakermommy4 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:38am
post #4 of 9

I would definitely recommend macsmom chocolate variation of the wasc! Mostly because it's the only one I've tried from here...and it's soooo good that I have not looked for any other chocolate cake recipe. It's a doctored box mix and it's good good good...calls for chocolate milk, coffee and some other things...can't think off hand but it's here on cc....oh, did I mention...it's soooo good and sooo moist.

hth

mariela_ms Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:41am
post #5 of 9

The Darn Good Chocolate cake from the Cake Mix Doctor is awesome! I love it! I recently started venturing into scratch recipes and have found my go to chocolate scratch recipe, easy and super good and moist here are both!

Darn good chocolate cake :http://www.strikepoint.com/Cookbook/ChocolateCake.html

Scratch Chocolate cake: http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=184

Rhonda19 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you everyone! I do appreciate all the replies.

" saffronica"... Thanks for the recipe. I will give it a try.

I usually do make a WASC chocolate version, but am a little worried about this one. The last two times I made a WASC it turned out too dry. Not sure what I did.

I will look at Macsmom WASC chocolate version and see what it looks like

Thanks again!

DessertDreams Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 9

Does anyone have a link to Macsmom chocolate WASC? I can't find it in the recipes section

msulli10 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 9

Amazing Chocolate WASC cake by cakepro is the best! http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7367-AMAZING-Chocolate-WASC-Cake.html

karizkakes Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 9

I did the Chocolate WASC this weekend for the first time and it turned out WONDERFUL. Everyone loved it. I used 2 2/3 c. strong coffee instead of the 2 2/3 c. water and instant coffee. Worked great! good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%