Canon Pixma Says It Doesn't Recognise The Yellow Cartridge

Decorating By littlecake Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm by PhotoFrost

littlecake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:06am
post #1 of 11

ugh....and it's brand new.

is there a webpage about this...or some way to override it?

10 replies
littlecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:20am
post #2 of 11

waaaaaa...pwease help

PhotoFrost Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:01am
post #3 of 11

What model Canon is it?

littlecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:38am
post #4 of 11

ip 3500

PhotoFrost Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:45am
post #5 of 11

Does the cartridge light up when you put it in? There is a small green computer chip on the bottom of the cartridge, if you look at it very closely you should see in one of the corners small gold letters which should say CLIY. Double check that and see if it is there. You could also remove all the cartridges, remove the print head and then put them all back in again. It could be that it is not making good contact.

littlecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:55am
post #6 of 11

thanx!...i'll give that a try when i get back to the shop tomorrow, it does not light up. then i take it out ...put it back in, and it lights up....then i try to print...same thing...open it up...lights off again....it's maddening!

it would be great if i could get it going, i get calls for it all the time, i'd be the only one in this whole town printing pics.

HEY I LOOKED AT YOUR SITE!!!!!....YOUR CARTIDGES ARE ALMOST HALF WHAT I GAVE FOR MINE>>>WITH THE CHIPS IN!!!! YEAH!!!

after i get to the shop tomorrow i will try all that, if it doesn't work, i'll just order another yellow from you....thanx for the help!

PhotoFrost Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:59am
post #7 of 11

No problem, glad I could be of help.

beachcakes Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 10:35am
post #8 of 11

littlecake, my brand new ip3500 does that too! But with black. I put it in and it lights up, but close the cover and lights out even though the cartridge is still locked in! It's so frustrating; I have not gotten one print out of it! I've removed/ replaced all the chips, the printhead, unplugged it, tried shimming the back of the chip w/ tape, shimming the cartridge w/ folded paper... nothing. I've spent 4 hrs trying to get this darn thing to work. I just bought another regular black cartridge from Best Buy to see if the original chip was damaged or something.

BTW - if you google Canon ip3500, you can find the manual online. The amount of times the lights blink mean different things.

I have to check out your store photofrost - I didn't know you could buy the ink w/ the chips for this model!!!

PhotoFrost Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:12am
post #9 of 11

Sorry to hear about your troubles beach. I imagine it would have to be very frustrating for you. I will be glad to advise you and help any way possible to get you up and running. The technology of printing pictures and images for cake decorating is fantastic and I love everything about it. Being able to purchase pre chipped cartridges takes away half the frustration of transferring chips from one cartridge to the next, most decorators I know do not have the time to fiddle with things like that. I will let you in on another little secret too. Shortly our company will not only be providing chipped cartridges, but they will have what they call an auto reset chip on them. Current cartridges have a print count on them and after so long they will not work anymore which may also be the case with little cakes problem. Our new cartridges will allow you to refill them and no print count, no flashing lights. Of course though we always reccomend that you only refill them 3x then replace them as you risk damaging your print head if you go past that much because of the impurities that the filter in the cartridge takes out. New print heads are $70 and up, much better to buy a new set of cartridges then have to pay for the ruined print head. icon_smile.gif

littlecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:05pm
post #10 of 11

so glad you are here to help us photofrost!

i won't name the name...but i emailed the other company with my problem, never heard a word back from them.....seems like they'd want a customer up and running so they'd order more product.

i haven't tried messing with it yet, are the printers on your site more suited to caking?\\

i could just give this one to my son (who is in the process of opening a bakery), and buy one of yours...

PhotoFrost Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #11 of 11

The printers that we offer are standard printers that are normally on the market. No modifications are made to accomodate our Inks or Icing Sheets. The benefit of purchasing a complete system is since we are a Canon authorized dealer we can warranty the machine for 1 year if there is any problems and you also get an additional 10% off your supplies for the life of your printer. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%