Fat Daddio's Pans?

Decorating By Yankie Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm by Yankie

Yankie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #1 of 13

Never bought this brand....is this a good quality cake pan?

12 replies
lardbutt Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 13

I have one fat daddios pan and I like it. I have more magic line pans and really love them too! The magic like pans have much sharper corners.

Yankie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:10am
post #3 of 13

That's what i have the magic line rounds and squares...and some wilton...but I love the magic line..they are heavey and the corners are very defined..which I like. I was going to make an order for about 10 pans by fat daddios...now i'm concerned, what if I don't like them and i'm buying so many.

NOt sure what to do.

Loucinda Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 13

I have several round fat daddios, they are just fine. I do however, have magic line for the squares because of the sharp corners.

Mac Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 13

Joffy--
I love the Fat Daddio pans. I have Wilton, Magic Line and FD.
What I love about the FD pans is that the cakes crumb less--sometimes I don't even crumb-coat them, just go straight to the frosting. You cook at a lower temp (325) and they can go in the dishwasher without messing up the finish.
Just my 2 cents...Every year, my husband buys me FD pans for Christmas. I have the rounds, sheets and working on the square pans.

Yankie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks Mac

I really couldn't decide..but I will be ordering them today.

beachcakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:31pm
post #7 of 13

I just ended up with a 11x15 Fat Daddio. I had ordered from PFeil & HOling b/c they make heavy guage straight sided pans like Magic Line, but Magic Line doesn't come in 11x15? I wanted the sharp corners. I was pretty PO'd when they shipped me a Fat Daddio instead b/c they "must've been out of stock". If i wanted a Fat Daddio, I would've ordered it somewhere else where it was cheaper! They told me I could return it (and pay shipping, of course).

I haven't baked in it yet, so the jury's still out! icon_smile.gif

CherryLane Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #8 of 13

I prefer Magic Lijne over Fat Dad's.
Fat Dad's bake at a lower temp so you can't mix the 2 pans in the same over at the same time.

beachcakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 13

What temp do they bake at? I generally bake at 325.

Mac Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 13

Sure you can mix the pans in the same oven--Baking at a lower temp doesn't affect the cake--just keeps the edges from getting too "done"

I used to bake at 350 but now bake at 325 in all my pans--no problem

okred Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:42pm
post #11 of 13

Joffy,

The main difference between Magic Line and FD is the square sharp corners on the magic line pans. FD are more rounded on each of the four corners but they do have very straight sides. Both are heavier guage metal than most wilton pans.

I never thought the pan would make that much difference, I have always used wilton. But one time I baked three different layers, two in wilton and one in FD and I could not believe the difference. Heavier pans just bake more uniform even layers without a dome on the top, without the crusting on the edges. It is expensive, but I plan to replace all my pans with the heavier fd or magic line.

FromScratch Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 13

I have FD pans and I like them. They clean up much easier than the ML pans... cake gets crammed in those sharp corners easily.

They aren't razor sharp in the corners, but you are icing over them anyway and they look no different iced. I have a 12" ML square and the rest are FD's and they are all equally easy to ice. They both have nice straight sides. I am more than happy with my FD pans. I have size 2-15 in rounds and 4-6-8-10 and 14 in square.

I bake everything at 320 and there's no difference from pan to pan... have some wilton's mixed in there too and they are all fine, but I want to replace my few wilton pans with FD's.

Yankie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #13 of 13

thank you ladies for all the info....I had always purchase the magic line and some wilton..when I have a coupon....but I had never purchased FD. I was a little concern because I need to buy around 8 to 10 pans in different shapes and sizes..and I want to make sure that I would be happy once I get them.

Thank you again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%