Adding The Marbled Effect On To Fondant?

Decorating By rlgould Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 5:54pm by 1234me

rlgould Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

I have only been decorating cakes for a couple of years now. I am very interested in learning how to use fondant. My parents 40th anniversary is next June and I am making the cake. I am giving my self plenty of time to practice!! If anyone could give me pointers on how to marble plain white fondant I would be so greatful!! Thank you!

PS.I love this site, I get some of my best ideas from here!

3 replies
diane706 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:57am
post #2 of 4

There are a couple of ways you can do it. Figure out the amount of fondant you need to cover your cake. Split this in half and color each half a different color (or color one piece and leave the other white...depends on the look you are going for). Then roll each half into a "snake" and twist the two snakes together and then roll it out. Or you can simply put your gel color directly onto the fondant here and there (sparingly, but again it depends on the look you are going for) with a toothpick and then twist the fondant some to mix it in a little and then roll it out. This gives a more dramatic marbled look. HTH! icon_biggrin.gif Definitely practice with a small amount first until you're happy with your results.

rlgould Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!

1234me Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 4

just wanted to give you another pointer, the more you roll out the fondant, the more the colors will blend and not look marbled anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%