How Do I Get Such Bright Colors?

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 2:26am by Texas_Rose

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

Let me start by saying that other than ordering online I only have access to a Michaels or Hobby Lobby. The cake is due on June 27th, do I don't think I have time to order anything. That said, how do I get the colors as bright like those below?
LL
LL

3 replies
rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:10am
post #2 of 4

The cupcakes in my photos are similar colors (I think) and I used Wilton's rose, violet, lemon yellow, and I mixed my orange using lemon yellow and no taste red.

VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 4

I use Wilton gel icing colours. They are a gel and don't water down your buttercream. On my cake pictures there are butterfly cupcakes on there and the colours are pretty bright and that's all I used to colour it. If I want black I start off with chocolate buttercream and then add the black because then I don't need as much black gel to colour the icing. I hope I've helped.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:26am
post #4 of 4

You can make all of those colors with Wilton gel colors. Sometimes it takes a lot of color to get a particular shade. It looks like they used rose (not rose petal), sky blue, leaf green, lemon yellow, violet and orange.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%