Should I Refrigerate A Cake After Doing A Fbct?

Decorating By bfranzen Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm by 2txmedics

bfranzen Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a cake later this week with a FBCT. After I add the FBCT, should I leave the cake on the counter or put it in the frig? I've read the tutorial about FBCT (I've done them before, but not for a long time) and am wondering about condensation.

Also, when the customer picks up the cake, should they keep it in the frig or is it ok to leave out? They are picking up Thursday for a Friday night birthday party. If they refrigerate, will there be condensation when they bring it out?

Thanks

Becky

5 replies
SarahJane Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 6

There will be condensation if you refrigerate it. I personally don't mind the condensation and I've never had my customers complain about it. But it's up to you. I know a lot of the decorators on here use fillings that don't need to be refrigerated because they don't want condensation on their cakes. But I prefer to have a cake with delicious fillings and little condensation, but it's totally a matter of opinion.

Skidoochic Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 6

When I have done FBCT, I have left them out. However, if you are decorating Wed night, they are picking up on Thursday and won't eat until Friday, I don't know if I would want it to sit out that long. If you are decorating Thursday, I don't think it would be a problem.

MLand Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #4 of 6

I refrigerated one for about a day and a half and there was no problems. And I know he left it out for a couple days after it was delivered to him but I don't know how it looked or tasted.

jesus-saves-us-7 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:56am
post #5 of 6

On my fbct I used all crisco instead of butter and it was fine leaving it out...hope this helps icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 6

is it possible to do all the cake and minor decorations but not put the trasnfer on until the day of the pick up? maybe that would help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%