How Do I

Decorating By swritik Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 11:54am by cylstrial

swritik Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 10

do the happy birthday in the nice font? Do i do it out of gum paste or it can be done with fondant.

I also would like the happy be on top of the birthday and then i would like to put it on the top of the cake standing up, how do i do it without it falling down?

How long in advance do i make them?

something like this: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=61810

but only letters does anyone have them?

thanx
Rita

9 replies
cylstrial Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know how much time you have until you make the cake, but I bought some FMM cutters and they are great. You can get them in several different fonts. You can find them on www.globalsugar.com if you type in FMM Alphabet Set. You have to buy a lower case set and a capital letters set.

You can also find them at www.countrykitchensa.com

txnonnie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 10

I have a gun and extrude my string fondant, can roll thin long strings. At times I free hand and other times I use Microsoft Word fonts printed on paper. You can form your fondant on top of the letters on the paper. Let it sit just a little, or let it dry, then apply to cake.

playingwithsugar Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I don't know how much time you have until you make the cake, but I bought some FMM cutters and they are great. You can get them in several different fonts. You can find them on www.globalsugar.com if you type in FMM Alphabet Set. You have to buy a lower case set and a capital letters set.

Just an FYI - they're called Tappits.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:46am
post #5 of 10

If you look in my pix, I did a gold monogram cake out of colorflow. You could do the same from those fonts in the link. Then again, there's always tappits! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:15am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Just an FYI - they're called Tappits.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Thanks Theresa! The word escaped when I was writing this! thumbs_up.gif

ninatat Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 10

i just bought some script letters and numbers they are a little small about 1 inch from thrush's & the bakers kitchen they were $8.67 and called tappers. does anyone know where i can get the block letter and # cutters. Thanks

cylstrial Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:02am
post #8 of 10

My husband got some on Ebay for one of my Christmas presents last year. And then I have ordered some from Global Sugar and then also from Country Kictchen. I'm sure there are lots of other places that you can order them as well. If you can't find them any of these places, I would just google them.

ninatat Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:09am
post #9 of 10

the ones i bought are really smal

cylstrial Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:54am
post #10 of 10

I guess my script ones are pretty small now that you mention it. I have the funky ones too and they are much bigger. But they are funky! I don't know if the script one comes in a larger font. Maybe someone else can come along and let you know. Hope you get it figured out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%