Cake Flavor Idea?

Decorating By CaseyK Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm by drakegore

CaseyK Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 5

It's my mom's birthday this weekend. I do the cakes and I want to make hers extra special this year. I usually do run of the mill, chocolate or vanilla but I want to start branching out; she does a lot for me and my kids and she deserves it. She loves mint chocolate so I saw the recipe for the mint chocolate truffle filling but what cake should I pair that with? And icing? I usually do buttercream.

Thanks for the input!

Casey

4 replies
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:46am
post #2 of 5

As for the cake part, i wold use chocolate cake with chocolate chunks. For the icing, plain icings fine...if it doesnt change the color you could use mint flavoring.

Hope this helps

jensenscakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 5

I just did one that was chocolate with mint chips in it and it was so yummy.

SuzyNoQ Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 5

What about neoplatin? It is similar to marble the only difference is it has vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry (cherry would be good too if she is allergic to strawberry) it is brown, pink and white like the ice cream.. and tastes great with chocolate icing.

drakegore Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

macsmom has one her flavor list that i tried and loved...adding andes chocolate mint chips to the chocolate wasc cake (i just added them to my favorite chocolate scratch cake). omgosh it was good!

the last two birthday cakes i have made were with chocolate smbc with mint extract added and it was a bit hit at both parties. so easy, but a lot of flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%