Buttercream

Decorating By Melissa2000 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28am by TOMAY

Melissa2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa2000 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 8

If I buy my buttercream and I want to make it chocolate How can I do this. Are can I do this???

7 replies
tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 8

It would be better if you made your b/c yourself, then just take out 1/2 cup of ps and exchange it for cocoa powder, some ppl use melted chocolate, so check out othe recipes on this site, there are some great ones. HTH

Melissa2000 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, I have already buy 7 ilbs of it.. so I need to figure out how to make it chocolate...

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:02am
post #4 of 8

Just giving you a bump!

Melissa2000 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:19am
post #5 of 8

Thanks.. Someone must know how to do something.....

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:24am
post #6 of 8

I agree with tirechic...I just make my own and substitute some cocoa powder in for PS.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28am
post #7 of 8

Melissa.. you can add melted (unsweetened) chocolate to your pre-made buttercream. It usually comes in 1 ounce squares. I usually add about 3 ounces per pound of buttercream. You can add more if you want it darker or more "chocolatey". It may tend to make your buttercream stiffer, but you can add a little milk/water to bring the consistency back.

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28am
post #8 of 8

Just add Hershy coco powder and be prepared to add some liquid , You may experience what I call over whipping that can over beat your icing or the other side turn your icing into a craming version that may be to soft. Add powdered coffee creamer and one cup of boiling water together and use as your liquid. I would start with only a small amount of icing and coco to see how its going to do , I have played around with premade icing before to change the flavor but the texture never is the way I want . I always have had to add more powdered sugar or shortening to get this meathod to work . Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%